Protecting Our Children & Vulnerable Adults
Here at St. Mary Help of Christians Parish we pledge to provide a safe environment for our children and all those who are vulnerable.
All priests, deacons, staff members and volunteers who work and volunteer at St. Mary Help of Christians Parish are required to be trained through Safe Haven and/or Vulnerable Adults eLearning to provide a safe environment. These same individuals receive background screenings in addition to education on how to make the safest environment possible.
Parents of our children are always welcome to ask questions and tour our facilities. Join in helping us end sexual abuse of children wherever it happens.
Thank you for working/volunteering at St. Mary Help of Christians Parish. Your time and service are greatly appreciated!
In order to serve at St. Mary’s, it is the policy of the Diocese of Charleston that the following be complete before beginning your position.
- Disclosure form for Background investigation and Background Check.
- *Read Policy Concerning the Protection of Minors and Vulnerable Adults from Sexual Abuse and Code of Conduct Concerning Protection of Minors and Vulnerable Adults/Appendix I.
- Sign and return Appendix II: Acknowledgement of Receipt and Agreement to Comply.
- Complete Safe Haven Training.
- Complete Vulnerable Adult eLearning (if applicable to the position).
- Disclosure form for Credit Screening (if applicable to the position).
- Driving form (if applicable to the position).
- Credit background (if applicable to the position).
The Employment Supervisor or Ministry Leader will forward your Full Name, Title, Position and Email Address to the Safe Environment Coordinator, Kimberly Gaynor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-649-4777 x114, who will begin the employment/volunteer process. If you have any questions, please contact Kim.
Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with the parish and community.
Safe Environment Coordinator