FaithAction Community Initiative
We are excited to introduce FaithAction Community Initiative — a new project to strengthen our community by turning strangers into neighbors. Our goal is to build bridges of greater understanding, trust, and cooperation within our communities. We hope to establish opportunities to share concerns and fears and learn from each other.
Our ID Initiative provides identification for any resident in our community who may not have access to government-issued forms of identification and for all who support the mission and work of FaithAction to create open and respectful dialogue between residents. Our program is based on a model developed by FaithAction International House (www.faithaction.org).
FaithAction ID cards provide participants with a verifiable form of ID that designated law enforcement, health centers, schools, businesses, and cultural arts organizations can use to better identify, serve, and protect our community. The card also reflects support of safer, more inclusive, and united communities for all. The FaithAction ID card is officially accepted by certain partners (discussed during the orientation), and may or may not be accepted by others, depending on the policy of each institution.
Our Faith Action initiative is a partnership between law enforcement, health agencies, and faith communities. The program is managed by St. Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church. Community partner's to-date includes:
- Aiken County Public Schools
- Aiken County Sheriff
- Aiken Ebenezer Church of the Nazarene
- Aiken Regional Medical Center
- Area Churches Together Serving (ACTS)
- City of Aiken Department of Public Safety
- Diocese of Charleston Office of:
- Hispanic Ministry
- Hispanic Youth Ministry
- School of Faith: Christ the Teacher
- Megiddo Dream Station
- Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Center
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church
- North Augusta Public Safety
- Rural Health Services, including:
- Clyburn Center for Primary Care
- Margaret J Weston Community
- Health Center
- Salvation Army Shelter
- St. Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Community Medical Clinic of Aiken County
We are working to identify more community partners to support this effort. Please contact Bette Ross at 803.649.4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.