The Catholic Cemetery is the last resting place of the bodies of the faithful departed awaiting reunion with their souls at the resurrection on the Last Day.
Blessed by the Church and dedicated to God, the Catholic cemetery testifies to a faith in the immortality of the soul and the promise of resurrection with Christ the Lord. Here the living find comfort and are consoled by visiting the burial places of their loved ones and praying for them.
In 1952 a six acre tract of land was acquired on University Lane about three miles from St. Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church in Aiken, SC, as a site for a parish cemetery. It is a consecrated burial plot for use of all members of Catholic Churches in the Aiken area.
For more information on Calvary Cemetery, please contact:
- Parish office at 803.649.4777
- Carlos Dorthalina, Committee Chairman, at 803.295.2530 (mobile) or 803.647.1481 (home)
- Paul Maddux, Committee Member, at 803.270.3640
1255 University Ln.
Aiken SC 29801